Carnival has year-round cruises from Charleston SC
In May of 2010, Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise operator, introduced the first year-round schedule of cruises from Charleston SC, with the deployment of the 2,056-passenger Carnival Fantasy from that port.
Carnival Fantasy is providing five, six and seven day trips to The Bahamas and Key West, Fla., from the Passenger Terminal in historic downtown Charleston.
The new year-round departures from Charleston dramatically expand upon Carnival’s decade-long relationship with the port. Previously, Carnival had only operated seasonal cruises from Charleston SC.
Charleston’s strong appeal as a tourist destination and it’s centralized location within the southeastern U.S. were key factors in Carnival’s decision to launch year-round service aboard the Carnival Fantasy.
Gerry Cahill, Carnival’s president and CEO says of their decision, “Charleston is an extraordinary city within easy reach of millions of U.S. residents who will now have convenient access to Carnival’s fantastic and affordable cruise vacation options year-round.” He also mentioned, “Our past experience with the Port of Charleston, which has a very efficient and conveniently located cruise terminal, has been outstanding.”
“Carnival and this vessel fit perfectly with the internationally acclaimed Charleston tourism market, which draws cruise passengers from across the Southeast and beyond,” said Jim Newsome, president and CEO of the South Carolina State Ports Authority. “We have enjoyed a successful, long-standing relationship with Carnival, and we are very pleased to significantly expand that relationship with a year-round calendar. This commitment by Carnival underscores Charleston’s cruise development potential.”
A Variety of Trips Are Available
- The five-day trips depart on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and will call at Nassau and Freeport, The Bahamas.
- The six-day voyages depart Saturdays and will visit Freeport, Nassau and Key West, Fla.
- The seven-day voyages depart Saturdays and will feature stops at Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, as well as Nassau.
Each of these tropical destinations has a character all its own and offers a wide range of snorkeling, fishing and water sports opportunities, as well as beautiful beaches and a distinctive island ambiance.
Cruises from Charleston SC on the Fantasy – a Carnival ‘Fun Ship’
The namesake vessel in Carnival’s 70,000-ton Fantasy-class, the Carnival Fantasy offers a host of on-board amenities and facilities: a 12,000-square-foot health spa, extensive children’s facilities for kids in three age groups – Camp Carnival (2-11), Circle “C” (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), a variety of formal and casual dining options and 12 lounges and bars.
Also featured is Carnival WaterWorks, an expansive, all-ages aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long water slide, 82-foot-long dual racing slides and a splash zone. Carnival Fantasy also offers Serenity, an exclusive adults-only retreat, and a resort-style main pool area.
An Internet café with ship-wide Wi-Fi access and cell phone service are also available.
The ship also offers a variety of spacious accommodations, all of which feature the Carnival Comfort Bed sleep system with plush mattresses, luxurious duvets and high quality linens and pillows.
Now that cruises from Charleston SC are more readily available, it will be easier for many people to take the cruise of their dreams.
News on Carnival Cruises
- Carnival : Princess Cruises Debuts "Chocolate Journeys" in Partnership with World-Renowned Chocolatier Norman Love
- My 4th. Carnival Cruise, First time going solo
- Carnival Cruise Line huddles up with Dallas Cowboys
- Dallas Cowboys Sign Multiyear Partnership With Carnival Cruises
- Local brews on your cruise: Carnival, Tampa’s Cigar City Brewing strike deal
News on Norwegian Cruises
- New ships boost Norwegian Cruise Line’s second quarter
- Cruise Line Under Fire For Not Allowing Family to Rebook Cruise After Son Diagnosed With Cancer
- Norwegian Cruise Line's Yields Up 3.3 Percent in Second Quarter
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter 2014; 100% Increase in Adjusted Earnings per Share to $0.58
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH) Issues FY14 Earnings Guidance
News on Caribbean Cruises
- Insider Selling: Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO Unloads 94,850 Shares of Stock (RCL)
- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise from $269
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Given New $73.00 Price Target at Berenberg Bank (RCL)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Stock Rating Lowered by Danske Bank (RCL)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Rating Reiterated by Barclays (RCL)