Carnival has year-round cruises from Charleston SC
In May of 2010, Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise operator, introduced the first year-round schedule of cruises from Charleston SC, with the deployment of the 2,056-passenger Carnival Fantasy from that port.
Carnival Fantasy is providing five, six and seven day trips to The Bahamas and Key West, Fla., from the Passenger Terminal in historic downtown Charleston.
The new year-round departures from Charleston dramatically expand upon Carnival’s decade-long relationship with the port. Previously, Carnival had only operated seasonal cruises from Charleston SC.
Charleston’s strong appeal as a tourist destination and it’s centralized location within the southeastern U.S. were key factors in Carnival’s decision to launch year-round service aboard the Carnival Fantasy.
Gerry Cahill, Carnival’s president and CEO says of their decision, “Charleston is an extraordinary city within easy reach of millions of U.S. residents who will now have convenient access to Carnival’s fantastic and affordable cruise vacation options year-round.” He also mentioned, “Our past experience with the Port of Charleston, which has a very efficient and conveniently located cruise terminal, has been outstanding.”
“Carnival and this vessel fit perfectly with the internationally acclaimed Charleston tourism market, which draws cruise passengers from across the Southeast and beyond,” said Jim Newsome, president and CEO of the South Carolina State Ports Authority. “We have enjoyed a successful, long-standing relationship with Carnival, and we are very pleased to significantly expand that relationship with a year-round calendar. This commitment by Carnival underscores Charleston’s cruise development potential.”
A Variety of Trips Are Available
- The five-day trips depart on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and will call at Nassau and Freeport, The Bahamas.
- The six-day voyages depart Saturdays and will visit Freeport, Nassau and Key West, Fla.
- The seven-day voyages depart Saturdays and will feature stops at Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, as well as Nassau.
Each of these tropical destinations has a character all its own and offers a wide range of snorkeling, fishing and water sports opportunities, as well as beautiful beaches and a distinctive island ambiance.
Cruises from Charleston SC on the Fantasy – a Carnival ‘Fun Ship’
The namesake vessel in Carnival’s 70,000-ton Fantasy-class, the Carnival Fantasy offers a host of on-board amenities and facilities: a 12,000-square-foot health spa, extensive children’s facilities for kids in three age groups – Camp Carnival (2-11), Circle “C” (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), a variety of formal and casual dining options and 12 lounges and bars.
Also featured is Carnival WaterWorks, an expansive, all-ages aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long water slide, 82-foot-long dual racing slides and a splash zone. Carnival Fantasy also offers Serenity, an exclusive adults-only retreat, and a resort-style main pool area.
An Internet café with ship-wide Wi-Fi access and cell phone service are also available.
The ship also offers a variety of spacious accommodations, all of which feature the Carnival Comfort Bed sleep system with plush mattresses, luxurious duvets and high quality linens and pillows.
Now that cruises from Charleston SC are more readily available, it will be easier for many people to take the cruise of their dreams.
News on Carnival Cruises
- Couple kicked off cruise after medical issue
- Virtual tour of Carnival Sunshine revealed
- Carnival Reimburses Couple for Cruise After Kicking Them Off For Husband's "Minor Alzheimer Moment"
- Cruise News Shorts: News From Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and More
- David Dingle appointed chairman of Carnival UK
News on Norwegian Cruises
News on Caribbean Cruises
- Schensul: Inside look at Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean's new cruise ship
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Hits New 52-Week High After Analyst Upgrade (RCL)
- 7-Night W. Caribbean Cruise from $549
- Morgan Stanley Raises Royal Caribbean Cruises Price Target to $80.00 (RCL)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises PT Raised to $80.00 at Morgan Stanley (RCL)